bringing it back #heathers
a new thesis statement for our blog
Sexual Assault Survivor Resources Masterlist (NOT EXHAUSTIVE)
Below is a list of resources for survivors of sexual assault. Keep in mind that this list is incomplete and mostly based in the United States, and more will be added to it as I find them.
1. RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest Network) – 800-656-4673 and HERE.
2. Take Back The Night – They have a victims rights attorney who provides free legal assistance. You can get to them at 888-995-1113 and HERE.
3. The Anti-Violence Project (AVP) – they primarily offer support to members of the LGBTQ community and HIV affected individuals, but if you are a survivor of violence and/or sexual assault, they will not turn you down. You can contact them at 212-714-1141 and HERE.
4. ChildHelp – they run the National Child Abuse Helpline which is active 24/7. You do not have to be a minor to report abuse you may have faced as a child, and they are more than willing to talk to people of all ages who are survivors of child abuse. Any emails you send them are NON-CONFIDENTIAL. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453.
5. AfterSilence – AfterSilence is an online support group for individuals who are survivors of sexual assault and violence. Their message board isn’t very prompt or active, but most people get responses within 24-48 hours, and it’s a safe space much like this blog. You can visit their website HERE.
6. Darkness to Light – They offer local information and resources about sexual abuse. These services are 24/7, free of charge, confidential, and will be answered by a trained information and referral representative. Helpline availability varies according to state and call center. Darkness to Light also has resources for reporting child sex abuse and human trafficking. You can contact them at 866-367-5444 or HERE, and can also text ‘LIGHT’ to 741741 for crisis support with a trained counselor.
Archie: If Kirby absorbed you, what power would he get?